Report for Unsupported Page Size? (8.5" x 7")

Greetings all,

Thanks for reading up on my predicament. We use Combit 21 in our reporting package. We are bringing a customer on board that has pre-printed invoice forms that are 8.5" X 7" (width X height) they would like to continue to use. (The actual form is 9.5" x 7" with the perforated line feed holes, but the printable area is 8.5" X 7".)

Going through the Page Size options in our list report, I see that Combit doesn’t offer a Page Size to map to this form size.

In general, what’s the approach you would recommend for this condition?

My initial thought is as follows:

1 - Adjust the tables on our existing invoice report, designed for a typical 8.5" X 11" sheet, so the actual content of the report is only 8.5" X 7".
2a - Set “Force Paper Size” to “No”
2b - or set “Size Adjustment” to “Fit” ?

Or is there a better approach to this problem? I did notice there is a Paper Size labeled “Statement” that is 5.5" x 8.5". The actual area that we’re going to print on their pre-printed invoice forms is exactly 8.5" X 5.5" (the companies logo takes up the top 1.5" or so of the form) so I could select that option, flip it to Landscape, and design the report in that smaller window? But I don’t know how that would interact with the old school dot matrix printer, it’s print driver and the 7" form.

Unfortunately I don’t have hardware that will let me test out my results, or else I’d kind of experiment with this question in house. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hello Matthew,

thank you for your post.

Setting the property Use Physical Page to No should solve your issue. In that case the paper format in the designer is exactly the printable area of the printer.

Best regards,

Christian Rauchfuß
Technical Support
combit GmbH

Thanks Christian! We’ll give it a shot!