Unable to load DLL 'cmll18.dll'

Today, when I try to run my WinForms and ASP.NET apps that use LL18, when I try to instantiate a ListLabel object like so:

var ll = new ListLabel(llLanguage.Value) { LicensingInfo = _licenseKey };

I get this error:

System.DllNotFoundException occurred
HResult=-2146233052
Message=Unable to load DLL ‘cmll18.dll’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
Source=combit.ListLabel18
TypeName=“”
StackTrace:
at combit.ListLabel18.NativeMethods.LlJobOpen32(Int32 nLanguage)
at combit.ListLabel18.LlCore.LlJobOpen(Int32 language)
at combit.ListLabel18.ListLabel.Init(LlLanguage language, CultureInfo culture, Boolean enableCallbacks, String debugLogFilePath)
at combit.ListLabel18.ListLabel…ctor(LlLanguage language)
at ReportingLibrary.Reporting.CreateListLabelInstance(ReportLanguage language) in c:\ReportingLibrary\Reporting.cs:line 406
InnerException:

This code has been working fine for the past few weeks. The cmLL18.dll is not a regular assembly so I cannot add it as a reference to my solution, and I don’t think it would make sense to do so anyhow. The projects in my solution do reference the combit.ListLabel18.dll 18.4.4946.25400.

Any ideas why I would start getting this error and/or what I can do to fix the problem? Thanks!

Hallo Glenn,

thank you for your post.

The assembly combit.ListLabel18.dll needs other List & Label Dll’s , like “cmll18.dll”. Please copy all the Dll’s listed in “redist.txt” (in the folder “documentation”) into the “bin” directory of your application.

Best regards,

Thomas Metternich
Technical Support
combit GmbH

That did it, Thomas. I don’t know why my development environment would all of a sudden complain about these files not being in the bin directory after I’ve been happily using F5 in Visual Studio for these past few weeks.

But after reading through the redist.txt file it is clear I would have had to figure this all out when we get to deploying our product anyhow, so that’s taken care of now.