Spacing in data when export to excel LL21

Hello,

I am facing strange issue exporting report to excel file with text data type column.
The following query :
SELECT ‘CP ¿¿ FMLSCCa,HVGRN/N/FNOINCa,HVGRN/N/FNOINCa,SPSPN/N/FNOINCa,SPSPN/N/FNOINCa,SPSPN/N/FNOINCa’ AS chargeCode
FROM dual

When export to excel adds some ‘space’ in between the data to be like:
CP ¿¿ FMLSCCa,HVGRN/N/FN OINCa,HVGRN/N/FNOIN Ca,SPSPN/N/FNOINCa,S PSPN/N/FNOINCa,SPSP N/N/FNOINCa

I do not know why this is happennig…
Can someone give me a hint?

Thanks and regardsspacerTest.lst (10.5 KB)

Hello Carlos,

We are not able to reproduce the described behaviour with the current LL version.

Is it possible for you to test the behaviour with List & Label 26?

Hello Onursal,

Thanks for response. Now i have version 26 already installed.

Please try the following code:
SELECT

‘HKSPN/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SPEqN/N/FNOINCa’ AS chargeCode
FROM dual
UNION ALL
SELECT

‘CP ¿¿ FMLSCCa,HVGRN/N/FNOINCa,HVGRN/N/FNOINCa,SPSPN/N/FNOINCa,SPSPN/N/FNOINCa,SPSPN/N/FNOINCa’
FROM dual
UNION ALL
SELECT
‘HKSPN/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SPEqN/N/FNOINCa’
FROM dual

The width of the column should be 1.524in, on the layout.

Inspect the 3rd row on the ‘Formula Bar’ and you´ll see the spaces on that cell.

It will be like:
HKSPN/N/FNOINCa,SP0 0N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N /FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNO INCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa ,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SP0 0N/N/FNOINCa,SP00N/N /FNOINCa,SP00N/N/FNO INCa,SP00N/N/FNOINCa ,SP00N/N/FNOINCa,SPE qN/N/FNOINCa

Regards

Carlos

Hello,

Were you able to reproduce it now with LL26?

Regards,

Carlos

Please test the following:
In the properties of the data line set the property “Force Wrap” to “No”.

This should prevent a blank character from being inserted during an Excel export.

For example, a condition that checks whether an Excel export is executed would be conceivable:

Does this solution help you? If not, I would like to ask you to open a support case on this topic. Please also upload an executable example. Thanks a lot!