Printing and Exporting at the same time

is it possible to print a report and at the same time export the result to PDF without having to run the report twice?

something like

LlJobOpen
LlSetOption …

LlPrintWithBoxStart (print and export to pdf)?

LlPrintEnd

LlJobClose

thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

You could save your print output as a preview file in *.LL format. Preview files can be converted and also printed. For this you can use the List & Label Storage API. In .NET you can use the PreviewFile class.

Here you can find an article from our knowledgebase about the topic.

Hope this helps.

thanks.

if i understand this correctly i should be able to run the report without showing preview and then before removing the temp files print the ll file and also convert it to pdf

i see there seem to be 2 options.

Option 1) One is to use the ll file for both and use

LlStgsysStoragePrint
LlStgsysStorageConvert

Option 2) would be to load the ll file using LlStgsysStorageOpen and then use

LlStgsysPrint
LlStgsysConvert

i tested both and am having some issues

Option 1 (use LL file directly)
looks like this needs the file to be loaded twice
for printing i need the page count but not sure how to get it without also loading the preview file or is there a way to simply say print all files.
Export to PDF seems to work

Option 2 (load ll file)
would be better as the file only has to be loaded once
printing works as i do have the page count when loading it but converting to PDF returns error -1016

LS: <LlStgsysConvert() → -1016 (FFFFFC08) (LL_ERR_STG_UNEXPECTED)

not sure why

thanks

Mike

We would really like to have a closer look at the behavior.

For this we would need the *.ll file, as well as the used code for the storage access.
Additionally a Debwin4-Logfile of the process would be helpful.

For the sake of simplicity, we would like to ask you to open a new case via our support portal and upload the files there. We would then also provide the possible findings here for all users.

Many thanks for your effort.

started a support request and right after submitting it i saw the the issue in the log. one of the parameters was mangled and not passed properly

all fixed. support request closed.

thanks again

2 Likes