How to add Picture to a Table across Multiple Lines

I am trying to do something like this inside a table, where the image on the right spans across the vertical height of several rows in the table:

I am trying to keep the image inside the table because the position of the table on the page is variable, and I would like the image to print wherever the table is placed.

Also, the height of the data lines might vary if the text wraps onto another line, and this is ok, so the height of the image placeholder needs to simply match the available table height of the 6 data lines.

How do I do this?

You can do this using a nested table. In order to do so, you need a data structure with a top level table that contains your image field and a 1:n related table that contains the actual data. Here is a blog post describing the feature:

1 Like

Thank you @Gunther_Schwarze

This is exactly what I am looking for, but we are using L&L v23 and this feature is not available.

We found the issue and it is easy to overcome - you can only create a table inside a table in the data line, not in the header line. My project is now working as expected.

1 Like