Error when running sample project

When I open Sample Application, I get
“It seems you have not installed the required development environment or application. The example cannot be executed” message.
I recently installed List and Label version 21. What have I missed when installing and how do I fix this?
Also when I try to run on of Data Binding sample for C#, I got null exception at this line
_xmlFile = Path.Combine(installKey.GetValue(“LL” + LlCore.LlGetVersion(LlVersion.Major) + “SampleDir”).ToString(), “Microsoft .NET\sampledata.xml”);
Are these 2 error referred to the same issue?

Thanks

Dear Cady,

thank you for your post.

Did you get any error message during installation? Please note, you need administrator rights to install List & Label. Are there any entries in the registry under the key “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\combit\cmbtll” like “LL21(0)SampleDir “?

Best regards,

Thomas Metternich
Technical Support
combit GmbH

Hi Thomas,

I don’t see the entry you mention. The attachment is the screenshot of my registry for combit
I don’t recall getting any error when install LL21. I am the administrator of my computer.
How do I fix this error if it is the problem?

Hi Cady,

thank you for your post.

Please insert the missing registry key values (see attached screenshot), depending on your installation folder.

Best regards,

Thomas Metternich
Technical Support
combit GmbH

Thank you so much Thomas.
That fixes all the issues I had with the samples.