Report Container Showing on Page 1 only

Ahh, now I have a similar issue with a Report Container. Shows on the first page even though I need it on all.

Assign it to the Base layer and check the ā€œApparance Conditionā€ property of the report container element (table, chart or what else).

I did all this but it still only shows on the first page.

The report container is displayed as long as there is data, i.e. if the data does not fit on one page, a page break is triggered and printing continues on the next page.
When the data in the table (in the report container) is finished printing, the table is also closed and not printed again.
I think that the data fit on one page, so it does not come again on the next page.

I managed to replicate the data not fitting in the container by making it smaller. I ended up with pat of the data on page 1 and the rest on the second page.

So what you are saying is that even though it is assigned to Base layer, the container will only print on Page 1?

It will print all the data there is, however only once and not repeatedly on each page. If you need the data repeated, you could copy the container and assign the copy to a layer for the second page.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in getting back, other parts of the project took over.
Thanks for the explanation but making multiple copies will not work as I do not know how many pages will be generated on a report. It could be 1, it could be 10.

The date which we generated in the report container is unique to the object being printed (unique number, a report number, report date and who the object belongs to). A report could have 1 or more of these objects on it, meaning this report contain would change when we reach the next object to be printed.
Is there a better way of doing this? Thanks

Not sure Iā€™m following you. Basically, if you need to ā€œmemorizeā€ values and repeat them later on, you can work with GetVar and SetVar. Maybe, instead of putting these values-to-repeat in a report container you could work with text objects (which have the ability to repeat on each page)? Would that work?

Yes, I think text objects would work for this. I will give it a go.
Thanks

1 Like