L&L does not open default email application

Hello,

When I press the E-mail button on a preview , L & L 20 only opens email applications of Microsoft . I have Mozilla Thunderbird as the default application , and I tested it on another PC ( with other email default applications ) and I get the same results.
Even uninstalling Microsoft applications, I can’t export Preview in an email

L & L 18 does not have this problem.

Thanks !
Hector

Dear Hector,
thank you for your note.

Please check the following Knowledgebase article and be sure that you have installed the latest service pack for List & Label 20.

KB-Article:

See the note about the registrykey maybe adding the following registry key resolves the issue.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem]
‘MAPI’=‘1’.

Kind regards

Erdal Alacali
Technical support
combit GmbH

Dear Erdal,
thank you for your answer.

I’ve checked the article and the value of registry key is correct and we have the latest service pack installed.
Also, we don’t see any error displayed. When I export a report via email, L&L opens Microsoft Outlook instead of Mozilla Thunderbird, my preset email app.
This problem only appears when there are two different email apps installed and the preset app is not Outlook.

I have made a simple test. I installed L&L 18 demo app from your web, I open a report and I export via email. Thunderbird opens perfectly. Then, I install your L&L20 demo and I follow the same steps, and Thunderbird does not open, opens Outlook.

I made tests in different PC and with different email apps.

Thanks for your patience and support,
Héctor

I have the exact same problem. Has anybody found a resolution for this?

Right after I posted, I found the answer and am posting it here for anybody who has the same issue.

My system is Windows 10 and I have been trying to get rid of Outlook simply because it is just plain awful. I have tried a few different email clients but could never get my LL20 to open up the new email client… it would always open up Outlook.

Here is the solution:
When you change the Windows default email client, it makes a change to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Mail::(default) registry value
where it names the default client

BUT it doesn’t change this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\Clients\Mail::(default) registry value

When I manually change it, then LL20 (which is running in my 16 bit program) then connects to my correct email Client.

Dear Michael Cooper ,
Thank you very much for your contribution. In my case, effectively, editing the key that you have specified
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Mail::(default) registry value) and substituting " Microsoft Outlook " to " Mozilla Thunderbird " has solved the problem.
Thank you very much!