Adding Terms and conditions

I am trying to add terms and conditions on the last page layer and it will not show up. I can get it to show up on a the first page layer and all the others but it won’t show on the last page layer. Any ideas?

Leonard

Hi Leonard,

thank you for your post.

In that case you can use the new feature called report section from LL19. In the LL Designer you can add a new report section via “Project > Report Sections > Reverse Side” and define that it will be shown on the reverse side of all pages. Otherwise - if you are not working with the recent version LL19 - you have to link all objects with the table (or report container).

Best regards,

Christian Rauchfuß
Technical Support
combit GmbH

Thank you Christian, I work with Leonard.
I don’t see report sections under the Project menu so that must mean we don’t have the latest version. We did not mention that we are a VAR and not an end user. We are trying to help one of our end users.
If it is given me must add the terms and conditions using the link feature, how is this done? I have a word doc with the text but I don’t see a link option anywhere.

Thanks

Do you know anyone that would help us and add the terms and conditions to the report, I believe we have an account with Combit and it should not take long, and we would be willing to pay reasonable fees to do this.

Could you direct me to find someone to add these terms and conditions to our report?

Hello Bernard,

thank you for your posts.

The linking is described in the designer manual under the keyword ‘Linking Objects’, just have a look at it. In order to give you more detailed information, please let us know which List & Label version you are currently using for your end user.

Otherwise you can feel free to contact us and open a support case via our support portal. Please copy any pertinent information from this thread into the case description.

Best regards,

Patrick Preuschoff
Technical Support
combit GmbH

Hi Christian, we are version 18. I tried to contact support but it ask some questions on a screen before it lets you go to support and we don’t know what subversion we are on and there were a few other questions we are not sure about.

Hi Bernard,

thank you for your post.

You can find out which subversion you are using by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+F12 in an opened designer window. Otherwise you can use our debug tool ‘Debwin3’: just open it, start your application and look at the first output.

In the following knowledgebase article you will find detailed information about creating and analyzing a log file:

Best regards,

Patrick Preuschoff
Technical Support
combit GmbH

Hi Christian, I did try ctrl+shift+f12 and did not see a reference to subversion.
How would I open Debwin 3? Where do I find it?

Hi Bernard,

thank you for your post.

You can find the Debwin3.exe in the installation directory of your List & Label installation in the Subfolder ‘Tools’.

If you can see an information windows after pressing CTRL+SHIFT+F12 in the designer you will see the exact version in the second line.

Best regards,

Patrick Preuschoff
Technical Support
combit GmbH

Hi Christian,
We are on version 19 now and that still did not help our problem, which is what support asked us to do. We are able to link the terms and conditions on the last page but they show up on every page.
We have an end user that is very upset that they can’t get this to work. Please help.

Hi Bernard,

thank you for your post.

I hope that my answer in your support case was suitable for your customer and I would like to give those information to our forum users as well.

I would like to guide you to our designer manual where you can find all information for the reverse side printing in the chapter ‘Reverse Side’.

Proceed as follows:

1. Open the dialog via Project > Report Sections.
  2. Select the “Reverse Side” section.
  3. Define the print position for duplex print in the property list: After the Last Page. Define also the position for Non-Duplex Print or Export.
  4. Click on the “Edit” button at the top in order to launch the wizard for creating the
    Reverse side.
  5. A dialog will open in which you will be able to create a new project. During this
    process you will be able to use a pre-configured, adjustable standard template.
    Alternatively, you could also open a pre-existing project.
  6. Adjust the template as needed. You can open this print template and work on it
    at any time with the “File Name” property.

It is important to define the position for non-duplex printing to the value ‘print reverse side after the last page’.
<<

Best regards,

Patrick Preuschoff
Technical Support
combit GmbH