Valid from List & Label 22In newer RAD Studio versions (since XE6) the native C++ Builder package 'cbpack. bpk' (have a look at the directories CBuilder5/CBuilder6 from earlier List & Label installations) can no longer be used. In order to use the List & Label VCL package in C++ Builder, you have to create it with the help of the Delphi compiler and add it manually to the components.
Creating the VCL package (ListLabel23. bpl)
- Launch the "RAD Studio Command Line"
- Run the following MSBuild command: msbuild "C:\Program Files (x86)\combit\LL23\Samples\Delphi\ListListLabel23.dproj"
- After the successful build, the ListLabel23.bpl package is usually created under "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\\bpl\", depending on the MSBuild options.
Adding and using the VCL package in the C++ Builder
- Start the C++ Builder
- Select "Component > Install Packages > Add..." and select the newly created file "ListLabel23.bpl"
- When opening a form of a C++ project the entry "combit" with the corresponding List & Label components should now be included in the Tool palette
When compiling, it may happen that the following error messages are displayed:
[ilink32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'L23.OBJ'
In these cases, the List & Label libraries (cmLL23.lib and cmLS23.lib) from the directory “C:\Program Files (x86)\combit\LL23\Samples\C++ Builder” can be added. In addition, the LIB created for the package (see above) must also be added.