I would like to ask you wich is the best way to update an existing report (.lst file) without loosing customized tables and containers, but simply updating it with a sort of merging process.
Basically this would be the workflow:
- A standard report Report_v1 (lst file) is created and contains logo, tables and charts
- Someone customize Report_v1 changing logo image, some field data and some table column
- A new version Report_v2 is created with 1 new table and 2 new columns in an existing table
- Customized Report_v1 is merged with standard Report_v2, adding what is new and leaving customization.
- Something went wrong during the merge process and the original customized Report_v1 is restored (rollback action)
Is there a best practice to do it using L&L Designer?
Do we need to do it using some tool or writing the code?