Unable to create Table of contents

Hello,

LL18 18.5.2013.20214

This is an issue I have for some time now.
I am unable to create a new table of content or index.
I followed the instructions of the designer section 8.3 by the letter.

After some tips, I downloaded Process Monitor from Sysinternals.

This shows me that the “Table of contents.toc” is created and deleted immediately!!!

Below a copy of the log.
Notice “SetDispositionInformationFile” Delete: True

Suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Jack Duijf

12:22:05,8980892 WinAdmNet.EXE 7064 CreateFile C:\Apps_Jds\AbcWinAdmNet\reports\Table of contents.toc NAME NOT FOUND Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
12:22:05,8981906 WinAdmNet.EXE 7064 CreateFile C:\Apps_Jds\AbcWinAdmNet\reports\Table of contents.toc SUCCESS Desired Access: Generic Read/Write, Disposition: OpenIf, Options: Sequential Access, Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Non-Directory File, Attributes: N, ShareMode: None, AllocationSize: 0, OpenResult: Created
12:22:05,8987207 WinAdmNet.EXE 7064 CloseFile C:\Apps_Jds\AbcWinAdmNet\reports\Table of contents.toc SUCCESS
12:22:05,8988739 WinAdmNet.EXE 7064 CreateFile C:\Apps_Jds\AbcWinAdmNet\reports\Table of contents.toc SUCCESS Desired Access: Read Attributes, Delete, Disposition: Open, Options: Non-Directory File, Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a, OpenResult: Opened
12:22:05,8989657 WinAdmNet.EXE 7064 QueryAttributeTagFile C:\Apps_Jds\AbcWinAdmNet\reports\Table of contents.toc SUCCESS Attributes: ANCI, ReparseTag: 0x0
12:22:05,8989998 WinAdmNet.EXE 7064 SetDispositionInformationFile C:\Apps_Jds\AbcWinAdmNet\reports\Table of contents.toc SUCCESS Delete: True
12:22:05,8990377 WinAdmNet.EXE 7064 CloseFile C:\Apps_Jds\AbcWinAdmNet\reports\Table of contents.toc SUCCESS

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your posting.

We could not reproduce the behavior, so we would ask you to test the behavior with our sample application (lldemo32). Is it still reproducible for you?
If yes:
Do you use a virus scanner? If yes please try to disable the active scan for the folder where the file is stored.

Also, can you create a logfile with debwin and check what happens and whether there is an error message in the log?

Note:
I would recommend to open a support case via our support portal - this way, you could share files with us.

Kind Regards

Erdal Alacali
Technical support
combit GmbH

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions.
I created a log file, and found the error message.
There seems to be a “syntax error” when handling the filename of the table of contents.
The location “C:\Apps_Jds\AbcWinAdmNet\reports” is where the JaarRekening.lst is located.

There is nothing wrong with that location, and I have administrator rights, and AV software is disabled.

Using Win-7 64bit

Regards,
Jack Duijf

Hello,

I just fixed my problem.
If seems that when using LlJobOpen(CMBTLANG_DEFAULT)
and start the designer, all is in English, that is ok.

However, it is not possible to create a TOC.
I was triggered by the following line in the logfile:

Then I changed my code to LlJobOpen(CMBTLANG_ENGLISH)
The designer remains in English AND I was able to create the TOC.

Regards,
Jack Duijf