Switch Paper Formats

i have an existing report that prints on letter size paper. i would like to make a switch to switch between letter or legal paper. i added a layout region that can be switched with a variable and that seems to work

i also changed the height and width of the main report container to be dependent on the paper size

but i cant seem to figure out how to change the width of a table to a calculated value

You’d need to add formulas to adjust the column widths to the modified wifth of the report container. I’d suggest to add a user variable that contains the wifth and then set the column widths as percentage of this value. More recent versions (not sure which version you are on) also support the TableWidth() function.

i can change the column widths but how do i change the width of the table itself?

i can change the table width with the mouse but not by formula

The table itself does not have a width, it is just the sum of the columns. If that doesn’t make sense for you, maybe you can post a screenshot of what you are seeing on your end?

was thinking the table didnt expand with the columns. on closer inspection it was because the table was nested inside a column of another table so that needs changing width also

1 Like