Sorting Oder

I am running with List & Label version 16 . I have created one list report which contain patient details. I would like to do sorting on Patient First name and Last name. How to do sorting particular field in List & Label version 16? Please give me some good answer. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced. :slight_smile:

Hi Dhrumil,
thank you for your post.

If you using the databinding, the list will be sorted like you define it in your datasource.
Example:
You are using a dataset as datasource, so the sort order will be the same as you define it in the dataset.

Single-level sort orders can be selected from the “Sort order” property drop down list in the designer(if supported by your application/datasource).

Multi-level sort orders are not available in the version 16, this feature was added up from version 17.

If this will not help you, i would please you to give me more information about your project:
-What IDE your are using?
-Did you use Databinding?
-Have you checked out our samples?

Best regards,

Erdal Alacali
Technical Support
combit GmbH

Thank you for respond. We are currently using SQL Server Database which binding with List & Label version 16. We are planning to switch to List & Label 18. Is there any way that I can sort data at report level instead of database level? We have barometric database and We have 5 different clinic running with same database. I would like to create patient list report. I would like to count total number of patient in each clinics and I would like to apply sorting on each clinics. We have actually data sorted with “Data” in database. Let me know your thought.

Hi Dhrumil,
thank you for your post.

Yes thats possible, you can set Multi-Level sort orders directly in the List & Label designer, or you can make it in your sql query before you pass the data to List & Label.

I think the best way is, to download and install the List & Label 18 trial version, so you can test all the new features.

Best regards,

Erdal Alacali
Technical Support
combit GmbH

Erdal,

Thank you for respond.I have downloaded List & Label version 18. I have concern that where is the sorting features available in List & Label 18 at design level. If you don’t mind please provide me steps in details. It would be greatly appreciated.

Is there any way that we can fetch data from XML file into List & Label 18? Having said that, We are running with List & Lable Report writer which integrated with Biometrix Database which integrated with List & Label 16. In Biometrix db, we are running with 21 different entities (Data Tables). Now, Only we have way to sort data at design level instead of database level. Let me know your thought for same.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Have a wonderful day!

Regards
Dhrumil Shah

Hi Dhrumil,
thank you for your post.

Please check our sample application lldemo32, there you can use the sort order property of the table, open the application and click ->“Extended Sample\Design”.
Now you can set multi-level sort orders, go to the tables property and there you will find the sort order property.

Yes, you can use the XmlDataProvider to fetch your data, see the “Databinding Sample”, for an example of how to use the Dataprovider. You could also create another datasource from the XML and pass it to List & Label (e.g. Dataset etc.)

Best regards,

Erdal Alacali
Technical Support
combit GmbH

Hi,

I would like to create one other report in which , I would like to add two tables and I would like to apply group footer on both the tables. Is this possible in List & Lable version 16 or 18? I have created report which contain two different table on same page of List & Lable design. I have applied group footer on both the tables accordingly but I can only see the group footer result on first table only, I couldn’t see the group footer result on second table. Let me know you suggestion for resolving this issue. You feedback will greatly appreciated.

Note : Both the tables design on the same page.

Hello Erdel,

Thank you for support. I really appreciate you.

Hi,

I would like to create one other report in which , I would like to add two tables and I would like to apply group footer on both the tables. Is this possible in List & Lable version 16 or 18? I have created report which contain two different table on same page of List & Lable design. I have applied group footer on both the tables accordingly but I can only see the group footer result on first table only, I couldn’t see the group footer result on second table. Let me know you suggestion for resolving this issue. You feedback will greatly appreciated.

Hello Dhrumil,

thank you for your post.

Are you using a report container?
Have you set a value in the property ‘Group by’?

Maybe you can check our Designer Manual at chapter ‘5.6 Defining Group Lines’ or you use our sample application with ‘Item report with grouping’ where you can retrace the usage of grouping.

For a better understanding it might make sense to open a regular support case that enables us to exchange files with you.

Best regards,

Patrick Preuschoff
Technical Support
combit GmbH

Hello,

Yes, I am using report container. I used Group By property for both the table . When I run the report, result shows information of table1 only and doesn’t show information of table2.

FYI, I have created two different tables in the same report container. Please provide some good idea or solution to resolve this kind of issues. Your response will greatly appreciated.

Thank You.