Parameter value is reset by LL_NTFY_VIEWERDRILLDOWN

Hi,

I’m trying to implement report parameter pane in preview using LL20, Visual C++ and “Designer Preview and Drilldown” project as an example. Till now everything is working except one thing. While re-rendering a report with new selected parameters within LL_NTFY_VIEWERDRILLDOWN handler the parameter selection is getting lost and I have a first value selected in parameter combobox. (I’m using a parameter based on data source values). Does anybody know, is there an option or an API call that causes this effect?

Greets,
Mikhail

Hi Mikhail,

thank you for your post.

We assume that this question can not be solved in the forum. We need additional information that cannot be exchanged through the forum platform.I’d suggest to open a support case via our support portal. Please copy any pertinent information from this thread into the case description. Also we would like to see your current project to be able to analyze the behavior in detail.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Patrick Preuschoff
Technical Support
combit GmbH

Hi Patrick,

thank your for the feedback! Fortunately we have found a solution already together with combit Support.

The problem was caused by a wrong sequence of API calls within my handler. It was very important to make LlAssociatePreviewControl direct after LlJobOpen immediately for the re-rendering in the drill down, how it was in the example. My mistake was, that I called LlAssociatePreviewControl much later as needed, after variables and fields definition. After I’ve changed the sequence properly, everything started to work as a charm.

Thank you for the fast and competent support!

Best regards,
Mikhail