Logo picture

Hi,

I set variable LogoFilename as a string containing logo path and send to L&L as string variable. In design mode, I created picture object with Data Source as Formula and in Formula I use Drawing(Other.LogoFilename). But when I print preview, I don’t see the logo picture on the report, just blank.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks,

Hi Cady,

thank you for your post.

Please check if you passed the complete path to your image and that the image is available while printing. Could you also check if there might be a problem with the image itself, i.e. try to add it as a fixed image and see if it displays then? Do you get any warnings in Debwin (our debug tool)?

If you can confirm that there are no issues we need additional information that cannot be exchanged through the forum platform.I’d suggest to open a support case via our support portal at My acccount: Login, user registration, product registration.

Please copy any pertinent information from this thread into the case description.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Patrick Preuschoff
Technical Support
combit GmbH

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for replying. It is strange. When I tried to embedded the logo, it displayed the image. Then I removed Filename and use Formula, now it works fine.

Well, this is LL13 converted to LL21. The logo used to set as Variable but now I changed it to string and use Drawing() Formula. I thought I need to delete the existing image and re-add it but when I open another LL13 to convert to LL21, the image is displayed although it is use as variable and this variable only contain string. Now I am confused. Do I use image data source as variable or formula?

As I understand, when image data source is Variable, the assigned variable should be image data type and when image data source is Formula, I need to use Drawing(“logo path”). Am I correct?
Cady

Hi Cady,

thank you for your post.

You could either use a string variable (which leads to using the function “Drawing(variable)”) or a variable with an image data type (so that you can use the variable as a direct data source for the picutre object in List & Label).

Best regards,

Patrick Preuschoff
Technical Support
combit GmbH