LL12 SMTP - authentication? send report as email problem

I am using LL12 with Delphi2007.

Is there anyway to specify SMTP authentication?

I’m trying to enable my reporting app that uses LL12 to email out invoices.
Possibly I’m doing something wrong (code extract below) but I think the problem is that the SMTP Authentication specification is missing.
From what I recall my web hosting company and my clients won’t send without it.

Here an extract from my code:

FileName := frmMain.PDFdestinationFolder + frmMain.AutoPrint_CurrentInvNum + '.htm';
LL.LlPrintSetOptionString(LL_PRNOPTSTR_EXPORT, 'HTML');
LL.LlXSetParameter(LL_LLX_EXTENSIONTYPE_EXPORT, 'HTML', 'Export.Path', ExtractFilePath(FileName));
LL.LlXSetParameter(LL_LLX_EXTENSIONTYPE_EXPORT, 'HTML', 'Export.File', ExtractFileName(FileName));
LL.LlXSetParameter(LL_LLX_EXTENSIONTYPE_EXPORT, 'HTML', 'Export.Quiet', '1');
//htm files & images are correctly being created

LL.LlXSetParameter(LL_LLX_EXTENSIONTYPE_EXPORT, 'HTML', 'Export.SendAsMail', '1');
LL.LlXSetParameter(LL_LLX_EXTENSIONTYPE_EXPORT, 'HTML', 'Export.Mail.Provider', 'SMTP');
LL.LlXSetParameter(LL_LLX_EXTENSIONTYPE_EXPORT, 'HTML', 'Export.Mail.SMTP.ServerAddress', 'smtp.1and1.com');
LL.LlXSetParameter(LL_LLX_EXTENSIONTYPE_EXPORT, 'HTML', 'Export.Mail.SMTP.ServerPort', '587');
LL.LlXSetParameter(LL_LLX_EXTENSIONTYPE_EXPORT, 'HTML', 'Export.Mail.SMTP.User', 'xxxx@xxxx.com');
LL.LlXSetParameter(LL_LLX_EXTENSIONTYPE_EXPORT, 'HTML', 'Export.Mail.SMTP.Password', '9999999');
LL.LlXSetParameter(LL_LLX_EXTENSIONTYPE_EXPORT, 'HTMl', 'Export.Mail.SMTP.SenderAddress', 'xxxx@xxxx.com');

LL.LlXSetParameter(LL_LLX_EXTENSIONTYPE_EXPORT, 'HTML', 'Export.Mail.To', 'customer@theiremail.com>');
LL.LlXSetParameter(LL_LLX_EXTENSIONTYPE_EXPORT, 'HTML', 'Export.Mail.Subject', 'Company Invoice #' + sCurrentInvNum);
LL.LlXSetParameter(LL_LLX_EXTENSIONTYPE_EXPORT, 'HTML', 'Export.Mail.ReplyTo', 'Do_Not_Reply@xxxx.com');
LL.LlXSetParameter(LL_LLX_EXTENSIONTYPE_EXPORT, 'HTML', 'Export.Mail.SendResultAs', 'text/html');
LL.LlXSetParameter(LL_LLX_EXTENSIONTYPE_EXPORT, 'HTML', 'Export.Mail.ShowDialog', '0');

Any help appreciated
Thanks
…Steven

From debwin.log

[quote]cmmx01:EXCEPTION(The Message has not been sent!
cmmx01:Recipient Address ‘xxx@xxxx.com’: 550 must be authenticated)
cmmx01:00000001-10:57:56.0654:ERR The Message has not been sent!
cmmx01:Recipient Address ‘xxx@xxxx.com’: 550 must be authenticated
cmmx01:EXCEPTION([clsArpaMail::Send()])
cmmx01:00000002-10:57:56.0805:ERR [clsArpaMail::Send()]
cmmx01:EXCEPTION([clsSMTPMailConnection::OnSend()])
cmmx01:00000003-10:57:56.0807:ERR [clsSMTPMailConnection::OnSend()][/quote]

Hi Steven,

thank you for your posts.

Unfortunately, this question can not be solved in the forum. We need additional information that cannot be exchanged through the forum platform. I’d suggest to open a support case via our support portal. Please copy any pertinent information from this thread into the case description.

Best regards,

Christian Rauchfuß
Technical Support
combit GmbH

Most libraries simply have SMTP authentication implemented as a boolean property.
I am surprised that List & Label lacks this ability/feature.

The rest of the code is working, the email is being rejected because of lack of SMTP authentication. I could have my ap export the report as HTML and write code to import that export and properly send the email but I was really hoping that I could avoid that.

Hi Steven,

thank you for your post.

Please note that LL12 is a very old version of LL. You can also test the behavior using the recent version of List & Label 18. You will find a free trial downlaod here

Best][/url] regards,

Christian Rauchfuß
Technical Support
combit GmbH