Installation Issue - User Not Found

I had a trial version of the report server it was working fine. We have since bought a license so I am doing a reinstall.

The install seems to go fine, and it creates the database. However the server does not start up and gives a 500 error.

In the windows even log I see the following. But I am not sure what user it is referring to?

combit.ReportServer.ObjectNotFoundException: The specified user account does not exist or is invalid.
   at combit.ReportServer.Model.User.GetUserByID(String userID)
   at combit.ReportServer.UI.IdentityServer.RSUserStore.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<FindByIdAsync>b__0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__272_0(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
   at combit.ReportServer.UI.IdentityServer.RSUserStore.FindByIdAsync(String userId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Identity.SignInManager`1.ValidateSecurityStampAsync(ClaimsPrincipal principal)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Identity.SecurityStampValidator`1.ValidateAsync(CookieValidatePrincipalContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.Cookies.CookieAuthenticationHandler.HandleAuthenticateAsync()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationHandler`1.AuthenticateAsync()
   at IdentityServer4.Services.DefaultUserSession.AuthenticateAsync()
   at IdentityServer4.Services.DefaultUserSession.GetSessionIdAsync()
   at IdentityServer4.Services.DefaultUserSession.EnsureSessionIdCookieAsync()
   at IdentityServer4.Hosting.IdentityServerMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context, IEndpointRouter router, IUserSession session, IEventService events, IBackChannelLogoutService backChannelLogoutService)
   at IdentityServer4.Hosting.MutualTlsEndpointMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context, IAuthenticationSchemeProvider schemes)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at IdentityServer4.Hosting.BaseUrlMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at combit.ReportServer.UI.Startup.<>c__DisplayClass23_0.<<Configure>b__1>d.MoveNext()
   at combit.ReportServer.UI.Startup.PatchClientAndExternalUrl(HttpContext context, Func`1 next)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.ResponseCompression.ResponseCompressionMiddleware.InvokeCore(HttpContext context)
   at combit.ReportServer.UI.RSMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.ExceptionHandlerMiddleware.<Invoke>g__Awaited|6_0(ExceptionHandlerMiddleware middleware, HttpContext context, Task task)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.ExceptionHandlerMiddleware.HandleException(HttpContext context, ExceptionDispatchInfo edi)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.ExceptionHandlerMiddleware.<Invoke>g__Awaited|6_0(ExceptionHandlerMiddleware middleware, HttpContext context, Task task)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.IIS.Core.IISHttpContextOfT`1.ProcessRequestAsync()

Did you use a own user or the cmbtreportserver_user for the DB? Check your users and the assigned users to the combitReportServer DB.

Not sure what you mean, it only allows to setup a password for the cmbtreportserver_user.
I have logged into the database with that user and password and it works fine.

Also I have found that if I restore my old database it starts up fine. But I can’t figure out how to apply my new license.

So, I don’t think it is an issue with the DB user, but rather something in the db itself.

For some reason on my 10th try it just started working.

So did you get it work al least? Or you still have any issue?

Yup, sorry for not responding. It started working, but I am not sure why.