Valid from List & Label 21
You need an additional server/web server license (a so called WSL file) if you are using the Standard or Professional Edition and wish to integrate List & Label into a server/web server application or use it as a service within your application. You require the appropriate size of the List & Label server/web server license for each installation of your application.
A useful advice: The Enterprise Edition already includes a server/web server license for an unlimited amount of servers and end users. Important: you don't need a WSL file in this case, it just works. You will find more information in our FAQs About List & Label Licensing.
Proceed as follows after having purchased this server/webserver license to create the WSL file:
- Run the "List & Label Web Server License File Generator". You find the file ll??web.exe in the "Miscellaneous" folder of your List & Label installation.
- Enter the corresponding values in the fields Name, Serial no. and Product Key.
- Select File > Save License File As... and save the file under the name cmll??.wsl.
- Copy the WSL file that you just created to the directory of your application that holds the file cmll??.dll.
- Quit the "List & Label Web Server License File Generator".
Through the previous steps a configuration file llweb.cfg is automatically created that contains your entered data. Therefore you can edit your previous entries or create the WSL file again simply by running the "List & Label Web Server License File Generator" again at any time.