Export pdf

Hi,
I’d like to export a pdf always in A4 format, no matter my default printer or other.
Can I set it programmatically?
Thank you.

Some more hints:
I’m using ll18 and generating a report on server side (.net 4) then sending it to a silverlight client.

The server has many printers, some of them for labels.

If I create the report like a temporary pdf on disk the layout (A4, for example) is applied correctly.
I I define a stream with ExportConfiguration it seems to use always a label layout, no matter if the default printer is a pdf /xps one.

I solved my issue with the temporary pdf but I’d like to know if I’m missing something:

exportConfiguration = new ExportConfiguration(
  LlExportTarget.Pdf,
  myMemoryStream,
  File.OpenRead(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory + fullPathLst")
);

Hi Max,

thank you for your post.

Reports that are designed for A4 (paper size setting in the page regions of the report) and the used printer driver also supports A4, then the report will be printed/exported to A4. Without a driver that doesn’t support A4 you won’t be able to print to A4.

[quote]
If I create the report like a temporary pdf on disk the layout (A4, for example) is applied correctly.
I I define a stream with ExportConfiguration it seems to use always a label layout, no matter if the default printer is a pdf /xps one.[/quote]

In that case the debug tool debwin3.exe can help to analyze that behavior. Maybe another (and wrong) printer is passed by a printer configuration file (*.lsp)?

Best regards,

Christian Rauchfuß
Technical Support
combit GmbH

Thank you for your answer,
I’ll try with debwin3.exe