Depending on list is empty for Report Parameters

Hi,
I have a report developed with Combit LL Designer 24 with some report parameters, I want use the “Depending on” functionality to show only a sub-set of values in some parameters but the drop-down list is empty an I cannot select the parent parameter.
Do you know if is a know issue or exist some settings that should be change to activate this function
See the attached screenshot

Many Thanks
Best Regards
Vladimir LUpi

Hi Vladimir, welcome to the forum.

The “depending on” functionality of report parameters are in need of a relational data structure. If you make sure to define a relation between the source of the parent parameter and the source of the child parameter everything should just work fine. By speaking of sources: You need to hand over separate tables.

Hi Patrick,
thanks for your reply, I’m sorry but your explanation is not clear to me. To develop this report I still using just one view that extract information from many tables of SQL Server 2016 database.
So all data that I show in the report and all parameters are fields/columns of the same view. I think that the relation should be implied in this case. I’m wrong?
Best Regards
Vladimir Lupi

Well, actually you are using just one source in that matter which does not apply for using the “depending on” functionality.

If you kindly have a look at the designers manual you can find a sample for this functionality withing the chapter 9.5 called “Reports Parameters” in “9. Output Options” (this may vary depending on your installed LL version). Within the manual we are using a datasource which provides us with two separate tables that are relationally linked (Products > Categories).

If you have the chance to hand over a datasource with relations you will be fine - otherwise what you are looking for might be a feature request so that in future you are able to use report parameters that are depending on values from the same table/source.

Hi Patrick,
thanks for your explanation, I already read the chapter that you mentioned before open this topic, honestly I think this is an important limitation of “Depeding on” functionality and I will open a new feature request for this.
Do you know if exist some other workaround to obatin the same result using only one table as source as in my case?

Many Thanks
Best Regards
Vladimir Lupi