Change license check to the Visual Studio user

I suggest to implement the following feature:

If you work as a single developer on multiple machines you will get the message “List & Label has detected multiple development use of the same license…”.

This happens even if you do not use the component at all, because it is loaded with Visual Studio.

If you are developing on multiple machines this message is very annoying and you have to close all Visual Studio instances on both machines to work without the message again.

If you would bind the licenses to the user, you could still make sure that the license is not used multiple times.

Acknowledged. A workaround would be to uninstall the List & Label Extension on one of the two machines. It is not vital to the product but rather provides convenience functions like checking for the most recent service pack. Then the check would only be flagged if you actively work with LL on both machines.

Hi,

any updates on this suggested feature?

Actually, we’re thinking about adding a seperate product activation to the product in LL28. That might allow to relax the existing protection then. I’ll keep this thread updated as we progress.

1 Like

Hi Jochen,

any news on this?

Thanks for following up - we pulled activation from LL28 as we had the feeling it was not yet fool proof production ready. And this is the last area wher you’d want to encounter any bugs. So this was shifted to LL29. Apologies, I should have updated this thread accordingly.